Monday 4 March 2019

No Hitting!

I did it.  I had not really planned on it but it happened.  It was like slow motion.  The snowman decorated christmas tin that I had taken from the garage and used to scoop up the vole flew through the room and landed right on her bed! The cookie tin opened and there it was the dead vole on right on her bed.  Nothing separating the vole from where she slept every night. My sister had taken my shoe and hidden it and refused to give it back.  “She deserved it”, I thought to myself.  But did she really?  And I knew she had a temper. As soon as it happened I regretted it.  I ran over, scooped the tiny dead vole off her bed and ran out of the room.  She slammed the door after me.  This wasn’t the last I would hear about it. Minutes later as I was talking to my mom, Allison ran out of her room red faced and furious.  The next thing I knew she had pounded me with her closed fist right on the top of my head as hard as she could.  What?!  I had expected her to retaliate but not like that.  My mom had seen everything and Allison was grounded.  There was no hitting allowed.

1 comment:

  1. Funny payoff line as ending and title, throwing the rest of the story simultaneously into and out of perspective.

    ReplyDelete