Friday 22 March 2019

Airports

I find that airports are confusing places. Such a mixture of emotion.
It used to be that loved ones were able to be together right up until the time of departure. Now, we drop our loved ones off at the curb and bid good-bye as we wrestle bags and avoid police and traffic.
Also, upon arrival, as we left our journey behind, our loved ones were waiting for us as we stepped off the plane, sometimes they even had signs welcoming us. Now, we are left to navigate the arrival to an unknown place on our own, and sometimes we even need to arrange a taxi or some mode of transportation to take us to the home of our loved ones.
Personally, I miss this. I wish I could wait at the gate, with my loved ones, until they departed (especially when a flight is delayed. I wish I could greet them at the gate when they arrive.
Happy Spring Break, and Safe Travels, my ISKL friends!

1 comment:

  1. Funny... Traveling recently, I encountered a former student being chaperoned to her flight gate by her dad (who wasn't going to be traveling himself). Still happens sometimes, I guess.

    ReplyDelete